Wedge : One piece flexible wedge, with low stem to wedge contact, provides accurate alignment of mating surfaces. The flexibility compensates for seat distortion and ideal for processes with large temperature fluctuations. Solid wedge are also available on request for various processes. Differential hardness of 50 BHN is maintained between wedge and seat ring.
Stem: Non rotating stem with precision ACME threads are machined and burnished to mirror finish to 0.8 microns for low torque. The Tee-head connections prevents lateral strain on the stem.
Stem Nut : Precision machined stem nut engage the stem for accurate control of wedge position.
Gland: Two piece gland for ease of alignment and exerts even pressure on the packing without binding the stem.
Packing: Die Molded Grafoil rings with top and bottom braided rings provides ultimate sealing for wide range of service. Assures long packing life and avoids pitting on stem.
Gasket: Spiral wound metallic gasket with Grafoil
Yoke: Integral up to 8" for better alignment and fewer parts
Back Seat bush: Precision Machined bush helps for replacement of packing at open position.
Eye Bolt & nut: Swing type eye bolt for ease in replacement of packing.
Body Stud & nut
Yoke Stud & Nut
Solid Groove pin
Hand Wheel: Hand wheel are standard up to 10". Gear operator can also be given on request.
Hand Wheel Nut
Gate Valves are adequate for all service media along with Hydrogen service, Oxygen service, Hydrocarbon service and NACE applications. Other optional features like Live loading, lantern ring, Bleed holes, purging lines and other features are available on request. Gear operator for 12" and higher is Spire standard.
- Gate valves design in accordance with API-600, solid, flexible or parallel slide wedge/Disc.
- Gate valves option in accordance with API-603 only for stainless steel & nickel alloys.
- Gate and Globe valves for Cryogenic service with gas column in accordance with BS-6364 upon request.
- Flange dimensions in accordance with ASME B16.5 for valves up to 24" nominal diameter.
- Hand-wheel, impact Hand-wheel, Chain-wheel, Gear operation, Electric, Pneumatic or Hydraulic Actuation as per Customer requirements.
- Low fugitive emissions control.
- NACE Service either MR-01-75 or MR-01-03.
- Test in accordance with API-598.