Wedge : One piece flexible wedge, with low stem to wedge contact, provides accurate alignment of mating surfaces. The flexibility compensates for seat distortion and ideal for processes with large temperature fluctuations. Solid wedge are also available on request for various processes. Differential hardness of 50 BHN is maintained between wedge and seat ring.
Stem: Non rotating stem with precision ACME threads are machined and burnished to mirror finish to 0.8 microns for low torque. The Tee-head connections prevents lateral strain on the stem.
Stem Nut : Precision machined stem nut engage the stem for accurate control of wedge position.
Gland: Two piece gland for ease of alignment and exerts even pressure on the packing without binding the stem.
Packing: Die Molded Grafoil rings with top and bottom braided rings provides ultimate sealing for wide range of service. Assures long packing life and avoids pitting on stem.
Gasket: Spiral wound metallic gasket with Grafoil
Yoke: Integral up to 8" for better alignment and fewer parts
Back Seat bush: Precision Machined bush helps for replacement of packing at open position.
Eye Bolt & nut: Swing type eye bolt for ease in replacement of packing.
Body Stud & nut
Yoke Stud & Nut
Solid Groove pin
Hand Wheel: Hand wheel are standard up to 10". Gear operator can also be given on request.
Hand Wheel Nut
Gate Valves are adequate for all service media along with Hydrogen service, Oxygen service, Hydrocarbon service and NACE applications. Other optional features like Live loading, lantern ring, Bleed holes, purging lines and other features are available on request. Gear operator for 12" and higher is Spire standard.
A complete range of gate, globe, and check valves for all of your high pressure and high temperature applications, proven over years of service in conventional thermal and nuclear power plants as well as other HP steam services around the world. Also preferred in high pressure, high temperature hydrocarbon or petrochemical processing services.
- Design in accordance with ASME B16.34.
- Hand wheel design made of ASTM A197 or ASTM A216 grade WCB provides more efficient transfer of loads with minimum weight. Gear operator is also available for easy operation and maximum torque.
- Body made from carbon steel or alloy steel are manufactured with overlay made from stainless steel in a band inside the body where contact is made in between gasket and body to improve better seal and increase life of sealing area because enhance corrosion resistance. Strong construction of body provides maximum life service and flow efficiency. Special materials can be supplied upon request.
- Yoke designed with two windows for easy disassembly and/or access to the packing chamber or bonnet retainer when maintenance is required.
- Yoke sleeve design permit yoke removal whiles the valve still in service. Due the material of manufacturing ASTM A439 D2 or B148 95600 reduce friction coefficient reducing torque operation, minimize the wear and eliminate galling.
- Stem packing system of two sacrificial packings on top and bottom of the chamber made from braided graphite; remaining rings are made from flexible graphite anti extrusion rings for low fugitive emissions control. Optional live load packing system with extra deep stuffing box and bellevile washers is available upon request.
- Eye Bolt Clamp design allows easy access to the packing chamber and keeps fixed loads on the stem packing regardless of bonnet position.
- Bonnet retainer is used to help by tightening the retainer bolt/nuts to seal bonnet-bonnet gasket against body inlay.
- Pressure seal gasket made from stainless steel for corrosion resistance and avoids galling. The angular relationship in between pressure seal gasket and body utilize forces generated by pressure line to increase gasket sealing effect and long life service. Graphite gasket is available upon request.
- Bonnet encapsulated inside the upper side of the body is designed with precision machined sealing surfaces to fit against pressure seal gasket surface to utilize forces coming from line pressure to seal the complete set body-bonnet-gasket. Bonnet retains the packing system and incorporate also integral back seat.
- Spacer ring prevent deformation when pressures push the complete set bonnet-gasket against segmented thrust ring.
- Stem with ACME thread is polished to improve low fugitive emissions control and easy operation during opening and closing.
- Back seat is provided with differential angle with bonnet back seat for packing change even in service (not shown).
- Seat rings with stellite 6 overlay for better sealing service provide wear, abrasion and erosion resistance. Seat rings are welded to the body to provide tight joint.
- Body guided to minimize thrust loads due flow conditions and guide wedge / parallel slide disc during opening and close. Also helps to avoid damage of the wedge because does not permit sealing areas stroke against seats.
- Flexible wedge designed to avoid entrapping due temperature changes and pipe line stress. Sealing areas of the wedge with stellite 6 overlay for better operation service. Other sealing surfaces materials can be provided upon request. Parallel slide disc is an option for specific services as per Customer request.
- Test in accordance with API-598.